Finding your Pupillary Distance (PD) online
It's worth asking your optician for your pupillary distance but it is not a legal requirement for them to provide it and some opticians will refuse. Don't worry though it's a simple process to measure it.
The best way to measure your PD is using our Looking Glass software, all you need is a portrait photo holding a ruler or a portrait photo wearing glasses and you can easily find your PD.
- Upload a photo like one of the two below.
- Left click the center of each eye.
- Right click two points on the ruler, or the two corners of your glasses.
- Enter the distance between the two points and our software will calculate your PD for you.
Measuring your PD manually
- Ask a friend to stand directly opposite on the same eye level.
- Position a ruler on your nose as in the diagram below.
- Measure the distance between the edge of one pupil and the same edge of the other.
That's all there is to it - the PD in the above example is 56mm.